Calendar of Industry Events
If you have an upcoming event please send details to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 859-623-8694. Please include title of event, brief description, contact person with phone number and email, and website address for additional information.
- 2016 Conference Tentative Agenda (more info)
- 2016 Conference Call for Presentations (more info)
- 2016 Conference Support Brochure (more info)
- 2016 Conference Registration (Opening September 2015)
- Organic Dairy Farm Tour - August 5 (more info)
- Shenandoah Valley Agricultural Research and Extension Center 2015 Field Day - August 5 (more info)
- Deep South Stocker Conference - August 6-7 (more info)
- Warm Season Grass Workshop - August 18 (more info) (online registration) (PDF form registration)
- Alabama Cooperative Extension System Offering Forage Focus Webinars (more info)
- See all Upcoming Events
The American Forage and Grassland Council (AFGC)is an international organization made up of 22 affiliate councils in the United States with over 2,500 members. Our primary objective is to promote the profitable production and sustainable utilization of quality forage and grasslands and are dedicated to advancing the use of forage as a prime feed resource. Our members represent the academic community, producers, private industry, institutes and foundations. Together, they unite in a common cause to promote and develop the forage industry.
Watch the AFGC Video Channel
- What is the American Forage and Grassland Council
- BMR 6 Sorghums "My Cows Love It"
- Using Brachytic Dwarf BMR Forage Sorghums to Bridge the Extremes
- Herbicides Options for Forage Sorghums
- John Baylor Tribute "A tribute to a true pioneer, leader, and legend"
How CFGP works with TSPCertified Forage and Grassland Professionals
will have the opportunity to qualify as Technical Service Providers (TSPs) based on their AFGC credentials and the completion of a one day training session offered by the NRCS at the AFGC Conference. The training focuses on the unique aspects of grazing and forage planning, management application of practices, including the required elements that are unique to USDA program participants. A new opportunity will be available for AFGC TSPs to become certified in conservation planning for lands enrolled in the Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) or Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program (CREP). Attend this workshop for more details on this and other potential conservation work