Calendar of Industry Events
If you have an upcoming event please send details to email@example.com or fax to 859-623-8694. Please include title of event, brief description, contact person with phone number and email, and website address for additional information.
- AFGC Board Nominations now being accepted. Click here for the nominations form.
- 2016 Conference Agenda (more info)
- 2016 Conference Call for Presentations (PDF Fillable Form)
- 2016 Conference Support Brochure (more info)
- 2016 Conference Registration (Opening September 2015)
- Ohio Forage and Grasslands Council 2016 Annual Meeting - Feb 19 (more info)
- Missouri Forage and Grassland Council/Grazing Lands Conservation Initiative -
Feb 25 (more info)
- Southern Indiana Grazing Conference, March 2 (more info)
- Southeast Hay Convention, March 8-9 (more info)
- Great Lakes Forage and Grazing Conference, March 10 (more info)
- Alliance Workshop Missouri Forage and Grassland Council, March 28-31 (more info)
- See all Upcoming Events
The American Forage and Grassland Council (AFGC)is an international organization made up of 22 affiliate councils in the United States with over 2,500 members. Our primary objective is to promote the profitable production and sustainable utilization of quality forage and grasslands and are dedicated to advancing the use of forage as a prime feed resource. Our members represent the academic community, producers, private industry, institutes and foundations. Together, they unite in a common cause to promote and develop the forage industry.
Watch the AFGC Video Channel
- What is the American Forage and Grassland Council
- BMR 6 Sorghums "My Cows Love It"
- Using Brachytic Dwarf BMR Forage Sorghums to Bridge the Extremes
- Herbicides Options for Forage Sorghums
- John Baylor Tribute "A tribute to a true pioneer, leader, and legend"
How CFGP works with TSPCertified Forage and Grassland Professionals
will have the opportunity to qualify as Technical Service Providers (TSPs) based on their AFGC credentials and the completion of a one day training session offered by the NRCS at the AFGC Conference. The training focuses on the unique aspects of grazing and forage planning, management application of practices, including the required elements that are unique to USDA program participants. A new opportunity will be available for AFGC TSPs to become certified in conservation planning for lands enrolled in the Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) or Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program (CREP). Attend this workshop for more details on this and other potential conservation work