Calendar of Industry Events
If you have an upcoming event please send details to email@example.com or fax to 859-623-8694. Please include title of event, brief description, contact person with phone number and email, and website address for additional information.
The Conservation Professional Training Program is now offering free training with the Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) Readiness Workshops. Sponsored by NRCS, the purpose of these workshops is to have a fully-trained group of conservation professionals that can create, implement and efficiently manage CRP plans that improve our nation’s natural resources according to NRCS guidelines. Topics covered during the trainings include: understanding landowners’ objectives and assessing eligibility, developing a CRP plan according to national and state guidelines, and CRP best practices for conservation. (more info)
- 2015 AFGC Conference Planning Committee Conference Calls, December 19
- Executive Committee Meeting Conference Call, December 26
- AFGC 2015 Annual Conference, January 11-14 in St. Louis, MO (brochure) (register online)
- VFGC 2015 Winter Forage Conference, January 20 - 23 (more info)
- Southern Section American Society of Animal Science, February 1 (more info)
- Alabama Cooperative Extension System Offering Forage Focus Webinars
- See all Upcoming Events
The American Forage and Grassland Council (AFGC)is an international organization made up of 20 affiliate councils in the United States and Canada with a total individual membership of about 2,500. Our primary objective is to promote the profitable production and sustainable utilization of quality forage and grasslands.
Watch the AFGC Video Channel
- What is the American Forage and Grassland Council
- BMR 6 Sorghums "My Cows Love It"
- Using Brachytic Dwarf BMR Forage Sorghums to Bridge the Extremes
- Herbicides Options for Forage Sorghums
- John Baylor Tribute "A tribute to a true pioneer, leader, and legend"
How CFGP works with TSPCertified Forage and Grassland Professionals
will have the opportunity to qualify as Technical Service Providers (TSPs) based on their AFGC credentials and the completion of a one day training session offered by the NRCS at the AFGC Conference. The training focuses on the unique aspects of grazing and forage planning, management application of practices, including the required elements that are unique to USDA program participants. A new opportunity will be available for AFGC TSPs to become certified in conservation planning for lands enrolled in the Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) or Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program (CREP). Attend this workshop for more details on this and other potential conservation work